Monday, October 27, 2008

Nope, NOT ME!


Weeeee're baaaaack! I thought to myself, surely we won't miss one of MckMama's "Not me!" Monday posts. OK, really....who am I kidding:) Though she is punctual and delivers a perfect score each Monday....I have just realized that indeed I am not the perfect mother/housewife I once knew I was. (Ahem)

On with the show. My many moments from this past week of perfect parenting:

I did not purchase pink Disney themed princess Pull Ups for the boys to wear during night time. Who in their right mind would submit their tender 3 year olds to this sort of calamity? Not me! (It was my 2nd store looking for the nighttime Pull Ups. The first didn't have them and well, the 2nd only had the princesses in their size. I was already late to pick them up and had changed both beds that morning because the regular pull ups did not hold all their milk and juice from the night before...yes, I've started a fund to pay for therapy).

I did not wear my PJ's and slippers to take the kids to school all 3 days this week. My PJ's were a matchy, matchy set that closely resembled a sweat outfit. Who would know the difference. Besides the slippers were Uggs and clearly they look like shoes:) I think I pulled it off quite nicely as my "hey, I'm relaxing today....not I just rolled out of bed look".

One of the days was not carpool...I did not get out of my car like this in public to walk them inside. Not that I think about it...I'm pretty sure I was wearing the same thing on two of these days...yep.

I did not feed the boys "lunner" on Friday. They did not have awful behavior and attitudes, not my kids. They did not get sent to nap early as a result of said behavior, thus missing lunch. That would be plain silly to let my kids starve like that. Upon waking up they were given a combo of lunch and dinner = lunner...and ate with a happy heart:)

The boys did NOT eat animal crackers (ummm, cookies) and chocolate pudding for lunch Sunday. That would be way to lazy on our part and not wanting to deal with cranky sick kids...plus, when I'm sick I eat whatever I want, right? Not to mention we were running off less than 2 hours sleep from Saturday night. Clearly, animal crackers are way better for you than animal cookies!

I think I'm too tired to continue or remember any more at this point. Monday is looking like a GREAT PJ day!

Join with me in praying for MckMama and her family as they wait the arrival of their newest addition this week. MckMama and baby Stellan have had several medical challenges along the way and many God moving moments. Baby Stellan has overcome many medical challenges to make it this far. Our great physician has been hard at work. Prayers have been answered and our voices heard. We can't wait to "meet" you little guy!

What good is a post without a cute picture?

Miss Priss, loving her leg warmers
**For our neighbors who thought we might be entertaining seals in the wee hours of Sunday morning on our back porch...Peyton has croup...again this year. Thankfully not as bad as last year and the cold weather helped calm things down. So, that was our son we were reading books to at 1am...not a heard of barking seals:)** A group of seals...is that a heard?

7 comments:

Candy said...

Jammie day for me, too - who'd know? I'm sure the people at the grocery store thought I just came from yoga class....uh huh.

Love the leg warmers on your precious daughter!

The Howell family said...

I'm glad you are sharing your favorite snack with your kids :) I love AC's outfit!

elizabeth embracing life said...

I look at my older two in college and they are healthy smart kids and I know for a fact that cookies and pudding do NOT delay growth, brain cells, or produce poor eating habits. I loved your not me list today. cracking up.

Stacey said...

I agree - animal crackers are more nutrional that animal cookies...therefore they are a great lunch.

Great idea with "lunner" I might steal that!

Rebecca said...

as always... THANKS for the healthy dose of laughter as I read your post!! =)

Anonymous said...

So great! Love Miss Priss. She really looks like your mom to me. The menu's in our house are sounding similar. How many times in one week can you serve chicken and ranch. They love ranch. Oh, and Benedryl helped Reagan sleep last night. Didn't fuss once. Thanks. She and I both needed a good night sleep.
Love ya!
Oh, blow some of that cold air this way. Still in the 90's here!
Kim

Anonymous said...

So great! Love Miss Priss. She really looks like your mom to me. The menu's in our house are sounding similar. How many times in one week can you serve chicken and ranch. They love ranch. Oh, and Benedryl helped Reagan sleep last night. Didn't fuss once. Thanks. She and I both needed a good night sleep.
Love ya!
Oh, blow some of that cold air this way. Still in the 90's here!
Kim