Monday, May 03, 2010

alligator and sea urchins Day 3 & 4

We just could not have asked for a better week. The weather was perfect! There was so much to see and do. I could have used another week! We're already counting down the days until our beach trip this summer!

There was no shortage of activities at the place we were staying. Tons of kids programs were offered and it was a great way to get the kids out of the sun for awhile. In case you didn't notice...our kids don't have the best skin for tans:)

Parker especially loved the animal man. He brought all kinds of animals for the kids to "pet" and hold. Parker thought it was hilarious when the bull frog peed all over the girl holding it. I'm not so sure she found it that funny. Peyton is NOT an animal person and it was hard keeping him interested. Parker stayed the longest of our 3. As long as it is not a dog, he is all for meeting new animals. Anna Claire is our animal lover. She had been shopping with mommy and Aunt Betsey that morning and had her nap cut short. To say that she was not in the best of moods is a bit of an understatement! You just never know what you're gonna get with a two year old without a nap!



thrilled I tell ya!



Nothing a good snuggle wouldn't fix



The idea of "wimmin" perked her right up!



Peyton was loving the lazy days at the pool




There's my happy girl!


I'm not gonna lie...I'm a beach girl through and through. I can only take so many days at the pool! Purely selfish, I know. It worked out great that we alternated every other day at the beach. The best of both worlds and everyone was happy. I'm the type that likes to open and close the beach...with a good book in hand of course. Thankfully, our kids are taking after their mother. It warms my soul I tell ya. Chris would rather be in the mountains....he's a good sport to follow the rest of us to the beach year after year.

I LOVE the beach with kids....it's so much easier than the pool. You can sit and tan or even sit and read a book as they play for hours in the sand. Ours aren't brave enough to want to venture into the ocean by themselves so it doesn't take much convincing to get them to play in the sand. At the pool you are on CONSTANT vigil especially since ours are not swimmers yet. The beach....you can kick back and relax a bit more. I love getting down and dirty with them too! An endless supply of sand is a dream. An endless supply of sand and toy trucks...well whats a boy to do! So yes, being on the beach is easier with kids...but it's not like I'm twisting their arms to get them there either.



This picture just warms my soul


















Thankfully the water was too cold for lots of swimming 'cause these things were everywhere!



sand + trucks = one happy momma

No comments: